Flank Steak with Avocado Salsa
Approximate cooking time: 25 minutes
A zesty, refreshing Mexican-style steak.
15g Net Carbs
- 1 lb beef flank steak
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 1 ripe mango, diced (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- sea salt, to taste
- Prepare the grill, or turn the broiler on high.
- Mix oil, salt and pepper in a small dish, and brush onto both sides of the steak.
- Grill for around 5 minutes on one side, and 3 more minutes on the other. Or, broil 3 minutes on one side, and 2 minutes on the other.
- Remove to a plate, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a bowl to make salsa.
- Slice steak and top with salsa to serve.
NOTE: leave the avocado pit in the salsa to store leftovers.