Approximate cooking time: 90 minutes
A classic, spicy chili for those cold winter days.
11g Net Carbs
- 2 Tbs coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 Tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp ground chipotle
- 1 Tbs sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp garlic salt
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1”x1” pieces
- 2 (28 oz each) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (4 oz each) cans diced green chilies
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced (optional)
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 oz can sliced black olives
- sour cream
- Heat large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add oil and onion to pot and brown slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine chili powder, sea salt, cumin and garlic salt in a large dish. Roll raw beef stew meat in the mixture to coat on all sides.
- When onions have browned slightly, add beef and brown on all sides.
- Add the diced tomatoes. Fill the empty can with water and add to the pot. Add green chilies, mushrooms, carrots, jalapeno, oregano, thyme and bay leaf. Turn heat down to medium and cook for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add zucchini, and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Season with sea salt.
- Top with fresh cilantro, cheddar cheese, black olives and sour cream to serve.
Notes Nutritional information is for 8 servings and 1 Tbs of sour cream per serving.